Tui Na Diploma
The 250 hour Certificate course will give the therapist a strong foundation for moving forward, if they so desire, to the advanced level training within the Institute (Advanced Tuina, Acupuncture, of Qi Gong). This course is open to both the lay person and trained therapists from other healthcare modalities.
The aim of certificate program is to produce a well-rounded entry level Tui Na therapist with a strong emphasis upon:-
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Palpatory and basic diagnostic skills
- Body mechanics
- Tuina hand techniques and their correct application
- Basic Chinese Medical theories and their application
- Basic Tuina treatment protocols for the entire body
- Client communication skills
- Working in a clinical setting.
- Business and Ethics
- Basic Pathology
- Intermediate Chinese Medical theories and their application
- Diagnostic skills
- Treatment planning
- Reviewing of the basic Tuina treatment protocols with the addition of the major therapeutic points used in clinical practice
- Uses of adjunct therapies in the clinical setting:-
- Gua sha
The Diploma requires attendance of modules which are complete within themselves therefore allowing a student to join at any time during the course. Examinations will be held at the Institute twice a year and will consist of oral, practical and written testing. Each Module will have a testing component in order to monitor a student’s progress and prepare them for their finals.
Course Fee is for the Diploman training is €3,000 euros.
In addition we are partnered with and accredited by the Acupuncture Society of the UK, so you can apply to join this society as soon as you qualify.
As an acupuncturist, I have found Tui Na to be much more than an addition to my training, it is now 60 to 70% of my working day. I get more people in through my door since studying Tui Na. I consistently get better results now too, and my confidence as a practitioner has increased tenfold.
My patients just love Tui Na! Since including Tui Na in my practice I’ve found that it helps to get relief faster from a range of issues such as back pain, frozen shoulders, fibromyalgia, headaches and insomnia. Many now come back regularly just for the feeling of relaxation & well being it gives them.
Tui-na has increased the success rate of treating musclo-skeletal disorders dramatically. Tui -na is far more effective than acupuncture alone.